Sunday, February 3, 2013

First Friday Art Walk

Had a successful First Friday Art Walk the other night selling a couple of paintings. It was nice to see the turnout. A little wine and cheese made for a nice evening. Always good to chat it up with the folks.

Been busy with gilding frames in 23 kt gold. Struggling a bit with some gesso and clay problems still. Might have to adjust the recipes and do some experimenting. It is so dry here in Western Colorado it makes it difficult at times with the corners cracking. Very frustrating.

Headed to California this week. Stopping in orange, CA to see my cousin Jim who is dying of cancer. They've called hospice in so he must be getting close to leaving this world. He's been like a brother so it'll be a bit difficult.

Then I'm off to Hollywood to see son Jim who is a film maker there. He's just opened a new studio so I'm looking forward to seeing him and his new facilities.

On Thursday I head over to Bakersfield, CA for a conclave. This is an invitational meeting of gilders that I am fortunate to have been asked to come. Should be some of the best in the nation there. Small group, maybe 30 in attendance. I missed it last year due to my Mother having a heart attack the day before I was to leave. So far so good. I will be anxious to meet up with some of the legends in gold leaf glass lettering.

I'll be ack in the shop on Wednesday, February 13.

I'll report as I go along. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment